Founded over 140 years ago, today Rosenthal develops porcelain products and interior collections for end consumers as well as professionals in the discerning gastronomy and hotel industry. These pieces feature the exceptional design, function, quality and manufacturing standards you have come to expect from products made in Germany, while also embodying the spirit of constant innovation and creativity.
Rosenthal GmbH, Philip-Rosenthal-Platz 1, 95100 Selb
Tel: +49 (0) 9287 / 72 0
The most important facts
- Independent company and part of ARCTURUS Group
- Seated in Selb, Germany
- Porcelain production in Selb and Speichersdorf
- 800 employees world-wide (2019)
- Market leader Germany in the glass-porcelain-ceramics segment
Our main sales markets are Central Europe, North America and Southeast Asia. The company’s brand presence extends to 105 countries around the world, and some of the most important growth markets include the US, as well as Poland, Russia, China and India.
Rosenthal is part of the Arcturus Group
Since August 2009, Rosenthal has been part of the Arcturus Group, the market leader in the production of high-quality designer pieces for kitchen and table. New interior and lifestyle collections enhance the Rosenthal range with designer pieces that go far beyond the classic table setting and open up even more promising growth markets for the luxury goods sector.
In addition to the Rosenthal umbrella brand, Rosenthal GmbH’s portfolio also includes renowned brands Rosenthal meets Versace, Hutschenreuther, Sambonet, as well as Thomas and Arzberg.
Manufacturing & production
The collections are made at the factories Rosenthal am Rothbühl in Selb and Thomas am Kulm in Speicherersdorf. These production facilities are world leaders in the porcelain industry and, thanks to future-focused investments, manufacture products sustainably and resource-efficiently. Rosenthal GmbH has become one of the first companies in the fine ceramics industry to be TÜV-SÜD-certified, thanks to the successful implementation of an energy management system in accordance with ISO 50001:2011 at its sites in Selb and Speicherersdorf.
Below is an overview of the certifications of Rosenthal GmbH:
- ISO 9001:2015 Certificate Quality Management System
- ISO 14001:2015 Certificate Environmental Management System
- ISO 50001:2018 Certificate Energy Management System
- Rules on Management politics (actual German only)
- Certificate Social Responsibility Management System
- Ethics and Sustainability (actual German only)
- Code of Conduct (actual German only)